Skip to content
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, prototyping, and building mechanical modules of the robotic system.
- Implementing rigorous testing protocols and iterating on designs to drive long term reliability.
- Building and maintaining detailed component CAD models that integrate with high-level CAD assemblies.
- Applying DFM on early-stage part designs to drive down manufacturing costs.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team to ideate, review and improve product designs.
- Identifying suppliers and vendors for various components within the robotic system.
- Maintaining inventory and BOM for parts within the system.
- Integrating mechanical modules with other systems (electrical, electronic, software etc.)
- Working with third-party vendors to procure and build parts
- Establishing supply chain and assembly paths for larger-scale manufacturing
- Design and simulate component parts to reduce cost and increase reliability
- Experience in deploying complex electro-mechanical systems at scale
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience designing, building and testing mechanical systems
- Proficiency in CAD (Modeling, Assemblies, Drawings, Motion)
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for design validation
- Proficiency in using GD&T for creating detailed part/assembly drawings.
- Experience using 3D printing for rapid prototyping (Formlabs, Flashforge, Lulzbot, Ultimaker, Makerbot)
- Experience in designing/building automated systems
- Works well in small teams, able to leave a positive impact on working culture
- Communicates well with people from different areas of expertise – from customers to designers to software developers
- Familiar with the overall product design process with knowledge of the level of detail it takes to take a product from prototype to market.
- Willing to go the extra mile to help the team
- Willing to get hands dirty (covered in food if need be)